Health and Safety Abu Dhabi
HABC Level 1 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace
Who should attend?
The level 1 Award in the Principles of Health and Safety in the Work Place is designed for workers from any working environment. It is also suitable for those returning to work or starting work for the first time.
What will they learn?
Students will gain a basic understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace. The importance of their role in ensuring and promoting Safety for themselves
and their colleagues.
- What is meant by Health and Safety
- The Key terms used in health and safety
- (Hazard/Risk/Control measures/ Risk assessment)
- The legal responsibilities of Health and Safety in the workplace (UK/Dubai)
- Understanding the scope of hazards and risks in the workplace (COSHH/Slips and trips/Manual handling/Fire/Electricity/Stress)
- Understanding the range of workplace conditions that affect health and safety (good housekeeping/environmental factors/welfare factors/PPE/Good personal hygiene)
A 15 question multiple - choice examination is given at the end of the course. For the participants to pass they must achieve at least 10 correct answers
Certificate and Validity
Successful candidates will receive the HABC level 1 award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Participants should have Basic English skills both spoken and written. Minimum age: 16 years.