HABC International Award in Swimming Pool Safety
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who teaches swimming lessons where a fully qualified Lifeguard is in attendance at their swimming pool. This course is endorsed by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance for those supervising swimming pool programmed swimming activities. Please note that this is NOT a lifeguard qualification but a lifesaving qualification for swimming teachers, coaches and others who work in an aquatic environment.
- Rescue techniques
- Use of rescue equipment
- Casualty recognition
- Rescue and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Pool Hazards and risk assessments
- Accident prevention and pool safety
- Systems of work and communication
- Spinal injury stabilisation shallow water only
- Basic Life support Adult Child and Infant plus First Aid
- Legislation and Standard Operating Procedure
2 days in total
Continuous assessment during the course plus a final independent assessment (practical and multiple choice questions) where candidates must show competence in applying skills promptly, safely and effectively.
Certificate and Validity
Endorsed ‘International Award in Swimming Pool Safety’ from Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance, valid for 2 years.
Candidates are not required to demonstrate any timed swims or endurance in the water but should be confident swimming on their front and back and to recover a casualty from the deepest part of the pool.